Boy...where are these days going? I can't believe how I've been slacking at the blog. My apologies!
Kalista is holding up her end of the bargain by being a saint of a patient. All the doctors are pleased with the progress of the "O" healing. New granulation tissue is growing and covering the area slowly each day. She has not resumed bottle feeding for the time being because of the risk of aspirating fluid into her lungs. The doctors are a little concerned that she has not been gaining appropriate weight. I think she's a little chubkins, but who are we to judge. They are going to supplement her milk feedings with a calorie buffer. So instead of her getting 20 calories, she will be getting 22 calories. She has gained a little over one pound since she started breastmilk two weeks ago. I would say a pound in two weeks is pretty good.
She is also scheduled for a hearing test this evening as a regular check-up for the post-one month old exam. Her most recent lab tests all came back normal. Overall we are just waiting for her "O" to grow more skin and pray that nothing changes, since we are in a good spot at this moment in time.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment