Hello and welcome to our family!! We have designed this blog to keep all of you updated on our family and to give hope for families of "O" babies. It continues to be a long road for our little girl
and we would like to share our journey with you.
Thank you for all your love and support.
~Jen, Matt, Kalista and Lawsyn~


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tick Tock Tick Tock



So we sit and anticipate surgery day as it approaches this week. It looks like we will be meeting with Dr. Saenz, the pediatric surgeon, either tomorrow (Monday) or on Tuesday to discuss the surgery itself and then we will have another separate conference sometime later in the week with the neonatalogists and GI specialists to discuss Kalista's future and all the questions we have about living a normal healthy life.

We are really curious to see what the pediatric surgeon is thinking at this point in time and whether Kalista's belly will slowly resume a flat appearance as her organs sink back into her belly or if we need to have these "tissue expanders" placed to give her more skin and room for the organs. We will soon find out all the juicy news in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is gorgeous!!! I am an O mom too, glad you found me and I found you!! Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we have a support team of O parents out there!!! I'm glad I found you too!

    ReplyDelete